The print screen button is used to take a screenshot on Windows computers, but this button can sometimes freeze your PC. The issue occurs when the debug mode is set as a default boot mode in Windows 10. Many other reasons can cause Windows 10 Freezing issue that includes a corrupted keyboard or graphics drivers.
You will face this error when you press the print screen button to take a screenshot, but the system freezes suddenly, and you have to restart your PC. You may face this issue with any Windows app.
Before trying other advanced methods, first, check your booting system. Sometimes due to application or software conflict, you will face such Windows freezing issues. So you have to check which app is causing the problem and once you found, remove it.
Many users face this Windows 10 freezing issue when they open a PDF and press the print icon.
Solution 1: Disable Debug When System Boot
As we already mentioned, when your system is configured to boot into debug mode by default, you will face this error. Here are the steps to fix the issue.
1. Open the Start menu with Windows key > search for “System Configuration” > open it.
2. Now go to the boot tab > Advanced Options > uncheck the option of Debug > Apply changes.
3. Reboot your OC, and then try to press the Print Screen button. Check if the issue is resolved.
Solution 2: Reinstall Keyboard and Graphics Drivers
You have to reinstall the latest keyboard and graphic card drivers. To do this, follow these steps:
NOTE: First, disable any password or PIN you have because removing the keyboard driver will disable your keyboard input. So you can’t use any keyboard to unlock your PC.
1. First of all, download the latest keyboard drivers from the official website of your manufacturer. (I am using a Logitech keyboard so that I will download drivers from the Logitech website)
2. Now go to device manager. (Open start menu > search for device manager > open it)
3. Find your keyboard driver here > right-click on it > Uninstall drivers.
4. Again expand display adapters > right click on graphic card driver > Uninstall it.
5. Reboot your PC.
You can also use driver updater software to faster the process. These driver update tools will automatically scan your system and update all required drivers.
Windows 10 screen freezing issue is very common and also very easy to fix. There is nothing to worry about. Many users have fixed this issue simply by restarting the PC and updating drivers. If you are still facing the same issue then contact us or comment below.