Google’s Chromecast connects to the TV through the HDMI port, and most networked devices are connected to it through a Wi-Fi connection. Chromecast also has some built-in preinstall applications that run via the Internet.
- What if you want to use Google Chromecast without having Wi-Fi?
- Connect various devices to Google Chromecast without the Internet?
- Mirroring of Android devices using Google Chromecast:
- Use Ethernet Connection
- Using Google Chromecast with Mobile or Smartphone’s Hotspot
- Using Google Chromecast with a Travel Router:
What if you want to use Google Chromecast without having Wi-Fi?
To use Google Chromecast without a proper Wi-Fi connection, you have to make your personal Wireless internet connections. Some sources that provide wireless internet connections while traveling can also be used to connect the Google Chromecast. These sources include smartphone hotspots, Hotel Wi-Fi, ethernet connections, portable hotspots, etc. You can also generate a Wireless LAN or WLAN connection to use without an internet connection, but it restricts some of the functionalities of Google Chromecast.
Connect various devices to Google Chromecast without the Internet?
After adding the Guest Mode in Chromecast, Google allowed the Chromecast users to connect their devices to the guest accounts without the internet connections on those guest accounts.
Google Chromecast utilizes a built-in function called a Wi-Fi beacon to support this functionality of guest accounts. When a streaming app is opened on the guest’s device, it will create a bridge after finding a beacon. Now the Cast to Chromecast option is available across the network once the target machine gets connected.
The Google Chromecast device creates a four random digits code, which acts as an audio signal and emits to nearby devices. Chromecast users might need to pair this code with the code displayed on the TV or Display monitor in a short time validity.
Mirroring of Android devices using Google Chromecast:
Mirroring an android device display with the Chromecast Streaming stick without a Wi-Fi connection is also possible.
To mirror an android device display to Chromecast, you need to install the Chromecast app or the Google Home app if either of them is not installed on your device by default. Open the Google Home app or the Chromecast app on your android device and tap on the three lines menu from the top-left corner of your screen, click on Cast Screen/Audio and select the Chromecast device you want to connect.
Mirroring an android screen using a wireless display is a different process, and the output result may be choppy or laggy and not as smooth as done by using the Google Chromecast.
First, you have to enable the guest network option in your Chromecast. You can follow Google’s official guide for this.
Just follow these steps from this page –https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6109286?hl=en&ref_topic=6109288
Use Ethernet Connection
Suppose the Wi-Fi signal is low or inadequate in the room where the TV is set up and connected to the Google Chromecast. In that case, you need to join the Chromecast directly to your Router’s ethernet port by utilizing an ethernet port adaptor for Chromecast.
Note: You can buy an Ethernet Adaptor for Chromecast from some online shopping sites.
With this wired ethernet connection, the Google Chromecast device will get a reliable and fast link, making the screening experience smoother. The users only need to connect the Ethernet Adaptor to the Chromecast using the USB cable included with the Ethernet Adaptor. Then, connect the Ethernet Adaptor to the Router using the ethernet cable. ( Note: The ethernet adaptor needs to be plugged into the electrical socket or the extension board ). After connecting all these pieces like the Chromecast, Ethernet Adaptor for the Chromecast, and the Router with proper procedure, the Google Chromecast can now use the ethernet connection to connect to the Internet instead of a Wi-Fi connection.
Using Google Chromecast with Mobile or Smartphone’s Hotspot
You can provide internet access to Google Chromecast without a dedicated Wi-Fi connection using the Hotspot facility of your smartphone. But for running the Chromecast by utilizing the smartphone hotspot, the smartphone needs to have a working mobile data or internet facility. In this scenario, your smartphone works as an Internet router providing services to Google Chromecast. Along with Google Chromecast, another device also needs to join this hotspot to connect to the Chromecast.
Using Google Chromecast with a Travel Router:
You can also connect Google Chromecast to another device by using a portable travel router, which creates a local Wi-Fi network to which multiple devices can join.
1. Buy a travel router and set up its SSID (Network Name) and password.
2. Connect Google Chromecast wirelessly with this travel router using an app on your iOS or Android device.
3. Plugin the travel router to a new place, which will create a network. Even without an Internet connection, Google Chromecast can be connected to any device using this network.
4. Connect the device to be cast with your travel router. In the Hotel room television, you need to utilize the television’s settings menu to find your router and connect by entering the correct password.
5. If the travel router’s name doesn’t appear, enter the name (SSID) and password manually.
6. On prompted, select the television as a streaming destination from the Chromecast app, which will cast the Television screen with Chromecast contents. You can find the Google Chromecast app on the Google Play Store and iOS store.
7. Chromecast can cast locally stored content to the television with this method without an Internet connection.
This method saves some bucks by avoiding costly hotel Wi-Fi charges and helps you enjoy already downloaded content like movies, series, photos from your device onto a bigger television screen.
We hope this article about How to Use Chromecast Without Wi-Fi has solved all your queries regarding the topic with some lucid and elaborative methods.
More guides from our site: