Twitch is one of the most popular video streaming services by Amazon. Gamers mostly use the twitch platform to live stream their games. It is just like Youtube, where users can watch videos and live stream.
Recently many Twitch gamers have reported Twitch Black Screen Error. As soon as a user opens the Twitch website, the screen goes to black.
Due to this black screen issue, users can’t watch streams.
According to users, the screen turns into a black screen, but the chat is working. Also, users can hear other audio but can’t see the stream.
If you are also facing the same problem, then you don’t need to worry because you can fix it. We have tried almost 30+ solutions from all over the Internet and found these working methods which can fix this Twitch black screen issue.
Reasons for Black Screen Error in Twitch?
Here are all possible reasons that will cause this issue.
1. DNS Error – Sometimes due to wrong DNS settings, you can face this problem.
2. Network Error – Due to network issues, you will face Twitch black screen error.
3. Browser Issue – Bad cache and cookies can trigger this problem. Removing old cache and cookies can fix this issue.
4. Server error: Sometimes, the issue is from Twitch servers. In this situation, we can’t do anything except waiting. Check official Twitch social accounts to get the latest news from Twitch.
How To Fix Twitch Black Screen with sound error?
There are many different ways that this error can show up, and fortunately, it can be fixed fairly easily. The first thing you should do is first restart your computer and then restart your internet browser. If you are still seeing a black screen then follow these advanced solutions.
Solution 1: Use Google DNS
It is recommended to use Google DNS as the default DNS on your Windows machine. You can configure your DNS by following these steps:
1. Open file explorer, and in the navigation bar, paste this path:
Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center
This will open the “Network and Sharing Center.”
2. From the left side window, click on Change Adapter Settings.
3. Right-click on your network and then choose Properties.
4. Now select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > double click on it.
5. It will open DNS settings.
Choose custom DNS and enter the following DNS options and save settings.
Check if the issue is solved or not.
Solution 2: Hardware Acceleration Error
Hardware acceleration is used to avoid app errors, but sometimes it can cause Twitch black screen issue.
We found that disabling this hardware acceleration option can fix this Twitch black screen problem.
1: Open Chrome > open menu > Click “Settings”
2: Click Advanced > System > Uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available.
3: Save settings and restart the browser. This will fix Twitch black screen issue.
Solution 3: Configure Network Settings
Resetting the Network can fix this issue. Here are the steps:
1: Open the start menu and then search for Network reset > Open it.
2: Click on Reset Now > Click Yes.
3: Your PC will reboot in some time. Save all your work.
Solution 4: Reset IP Address of PC
1: Open the Start menu and then search for CMD.
2: In CMD, type “ipconfig /release” and press Enter.
3: Then type “ipconfig /renew“> Enter.
4: Then finally type “exit “> Enter
If you are still facing a problem with Twitch then contact us using the Comment form. We will update the article with more working solutions.