Steam is a well-known platform for video game distribution all around the world. Sometimes, while purchasing some games on the Steam platform, an error called pending transaction occurs which can be a headache for the users. Generally, Steam provides a quite robust and secure interface to purchase any game on their platform, but due to some network glitch or device issues, users may face the problem of the pending transaction on Steam.
- Reasons for Steam Pending Transaction error
- Solutions to fix Steam Pending Transaction issue
- Solution – 1) Check the running status of Steam
- Solution – 2) Try switching between Steam website/Steam client application
- Solution – 3) Cancel all the Pending transactions from your Steam account
- Solution – 4) Try using other payment methods
- Solution – 5) Disable any VPN or Proxy services at the Windows Start-up
- Solution – 6) Explore the Steam customer service and support features
Reasons for Steam Pending Transaction error
There may be one or more than one reason from the below list for the Steam pending transaction error.
1) Steam servers may be facing some issues while you are trying to purchase an item on their platform.
2) If you made an incomplete purchase on Steam in the past, you might face the Pending transaction error on any of the subsequent purchases.
3) There may be some issues with your payment methods and the Steam payment partners.
Solutions to fix Steam Pending Transaction issue
Before following any of the given methods for solving the pending transaction problem, make sure your VPN or proxy services are disabled. Steam doesn’t allow payments through any doubtful network to make its transactions secure.
Solution – 1) Check the running status of Steam
Most of the time the Steam Pending Transaction error turns up when there is some maintenance going on the Steam servers, or their servers are facing some load or issues. To check the up and running status of the Steam platform, visit this official Steam link https://steamstat.us/ and confirm if the Steam servers are currently operable or not.
Another way to check if the Steam is up and running successfully is to visit the Downdetector website. Visit the Downdetector website from the given link and select your country from the drop-down menu. Search for the Steam in the search box to check the status of it.
Solution – 2) Try switching between Steam website/Steam client application
If you are experiencing the pending transaction error on the Steam client software, try login to the Steam website and complete the purchase. If you are facing the same issue on the Steam website, try switching to the Steam client application to check if the problem persists or not.
Before re-login to the Steam website, make sure you clear your web browser’s cache files. Before re-login to the Steam client software, make sure to delete any temporary residue files related to the client from the App data folder of the Windows OS.
Solution – 3) Cancel all the Pending transactions from your Steam account
Some of the previous, pending transactions may create some conflict in the game engine while purchasing a new item from the Steam platform. Try canceling all the pending transactions and verifying processes before retrying the current operation. To cancel all the due transactions from your Steam account, follow on.
1. Run the Steam client software or website and head over to the Account details option. If you face any difficulty in canceling the Steam transaction process, then you can utilize the Steam Purchase Help Page (https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard/HelpWithPurchase) to cancel any due transactions.
2. Now select the View purchase history option which will display a list of transactions you made through your Steam account.
3. If there are multiple pending steam purchases, select any one of them and click on Cancel this transaction option.
4. Now choose the option called Cancel my purchase.
5. Repeat this method until all the pending transactions are cleared from your list.
5. Restart the Steam client and try to purchase a new item to see if any error persists or not.
Solution – 4) Try using other payment methods
Your current payment method on the Steam platform may be in conflicting with the Steam payment partners. You could also be using an unsupported payment method unknowingly to complete the purchase on Steam. Your payment vendor could also be creating some issues.
You can try net banking or credit/debit card payments instead of any third-party payment partners like Paypal to see if the transaction completes or not.
Solution – 5) Disable any VPN or Proxy services at the Windows Start-up
1. Open the task manager of your windows OS and head on to the Processes tab.
2. Select any VPN or Proxy software that is running and click on the End task button.
3. Now head over to the Start-up tab and select your Proxy or VPN applications and Disable them to run from the Start-up.
4. Restart the Steam platform and retry the process of purchasing any item.
Also, before making any payment on Steam, you can check your network and internet connectivity for any defects.
Solution – 6) Explore the Steam customer service and support features
Visit the Steam support section and check if your query can be resolved with already discussed questions. You can also describe your issue regarding the pending transaction issue with details to get help from their support team.
We hope this article which discusses the issue of how to fix Steam Pending Transaction has cleared all your doubts regarding any Steam purchase failures and solutions.