It is very common to receive duplicate emails into the inbox folder in Outlook mails. Not only with Outlook but with every email client app, you will face this problem. Duplicate emails make your inbox unmanaged and thus you can’t find important emails. Also, it will take a lot of time to find duplicate emails and remove them. You have to remove duplicate emails without removing the original copies.
Here in this article, we are going to share some common reasons for duplicate emails in Outlook and also we will share how to remove these duplicate emails in Outlook quickly.
Reasons Duplicate Emails in Outlook
1. There are many reasons why you may be receiving duplicates in Outlook. These could include email addresses that are identical to an existing email address and addresses that are not part of the original sender’s contacts.
2. It is also possible for messages to become corrupted or missing due to various reasons. This can be the reason for duplicate emails.
3. If you are using Outlook on more than one device then you can face this duplicate email problem because every device will sync its emails to the Outlook server.
4. Sometimes Outlook Settings are not configured properly and due to this reason, Outlook generates duplicates for every email that is being sent and received from that account. You have to disable this from the Outlook account setting.
5. Importing PST File: If you import a PST file to the same Outlook profile, you used to export the PST file then it will create duplicate copies of every data.
How to Remove Duplicate Emails in Outlook
Above we shared some common reasons for duplicate emails in Outlook. Now it’s time for the solution. how to remove these duplicate email copies in Outlook.
There are many different methods to remove these duplicate emails from Outlook but the easiest one is using 3rd party tool.
There is one software called Systools outlook duplicates remover. This tool will automatically identify the same email copies and remove them. Not just emails, but this software can remove duplicate contacts, calendars, and tasks, notes.
URL – https://www.systoolsgroup.com/outlook-duplicates-remover.html
You can also remove duplicate emails manually without using any software but it is a time-consuming process. You have to check each and every email before removing them.
Delete All Duplicate Emails Using Kutools for Outlook
Microsoft has released a new feature for Outlook users called Kutools. Visit this URL for more details on Kutools for Outlook.
URL – https://www.extendoffice.com/product/kutools-for-excel.html
To remove duplicate emails from Outlook, follow these steps:
1. Open the Outlook mail folder and then select multiple emails.
2. Now click on Kutools from the menu bar. Then go to Delete Duplicate and then click on Duplicate Emails.
3. It will list down all the duplicate emails. Just click on the delete button to remove all selected email copies.
Now restart your Outlook server. All your duplicate emails are now removed.
More Guides on Outlook:
- How To Archive Mailbox Items In Exchange Server
- Fix 0x8004010F: Outlook Data File Cannot be Accessed