Microsoft Outlook is used to exchange mail data on the server saved locally in Offline Storage Table (OST) file. This file stores all the record of user mailbox exchange. The main purpose of this file is to manage downtime due to some technical issues while the exchange of mail. The users can continue to work with the OST file without any issue. In that time, any changes you make will automatically merge their exchange account once the server is started working again. Outlook Data File Cannot be Accessed is one of the irritating error if you are working in a large organization.
There are many reasons for this kind of error. One of the main reason could be the wrong synchronization between Outlook and Exchange. This error causes another error related to mailbox access errors. This article is all about how to fix common OST error, 0x8004010F, and the methods to fix it.
Sometimes due to virus attacks, damage due to accidental shutdown can trigger this Outlook Data File Cannot be Accessed error.
- What is 0x8004010F: Outlook Data File Cannot be Accessed?
- Reasons for Outlook data file cannot be accessed or 0x8004010F
- Fix 0x8004010F: Outlook Data File Cannot be Accessed
- Method 1: Create a new Outlook profile yourself
- Step 1: Find the default old Outlook data file
- Step 2: Create new Outlook profile
- Step 3: Configure the new Outlook profile
- Method 2- Manually Create IMAP or POP3
What is 0x8004010F: Outlook Data File Cannot be Accessed?
Sending reported error (0x8004010F) : ‘Outlook data file cannot be accessed – may occur if your Outlook profile is corrupted. You will face this error when you try to send or receive any mail through Outlook Mail server.
This Outlook data file cannot be accessed error is seen on Outlook 10 or Outlook 13 on Windows 10/8. The message is very irritating because the error appears in the middle of the sending email.
Related Error: How to Fix Windows 10 Slow Issue
Repairing corrupted OST file and saving it as PST is the solution for Outlook data file cannot be found the error. But if this solution is not working for you then you can try another solution. Outlook error 0x8004010f is one of the most common error.
Reasons for Outlook data file cannot be accessed or 0x8004010F
- OST file damaged
- Incorrect configuration Outlook profile
- OST file location changed
Fix 0x8004010F: Outlook Data File Cannot be Accessed
The Outlook data file cannot be accessed error can happen in any version. The error Outlook data file can’t be accessed’ can also be exhibited in the kind of other similar messages. It is extremely difficult to maintain many PST files. It can be attributed to the PST Outlook data files being located at the incorrect place or if they’re moved to another location.
The error Outlook Data File can’t be accessed is mostly as a result of the corruption of Outlook profile. Based on the Outlook version you’re using, locate your way to any one of these folders.
The outlook data file cannot be opened is among the most typical errors that arrive facing the user. In the present era, Outlook plays a critical role in managing user’s email data. It is the most affordable email application for users to manage their email data. Microsoft Outlook is a famous email application which permits the user to do the various emailing tasks to control the user’s email data.
Here are some working solutions to fix Outlook Data File Cannot be Accessed Error in Windows 7/8/10.
Method 1: Create a new Outlook profile yourself
It is very easy to make a new outlook profile. For some users, creating a new Outlook profile, solved the error. To create a new Outlook profile in Windows OS, follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Find the default old Outlook data file
- First of all open Control panel > select view as small icons and then click on mail.
- Now click on show profiles.
- Select your current Outlook profile > Properties > Click on Data Files > Click on the Data Files tab > remember the name and location of the default Outlook profile.
- Close the Window.
Step 2: Create new Outlook profile
- Again open the control panel and then go to mail > Show Profiles > Select your current Outlook profile > Add.
- Type a name for the new profile > OK.
- Type your email > Next > then Finish.
Step 3: Configure the new Outlook profile
- Open Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles.
- Select the option Always use this profile > select the new profile > OK.
Method 2- Manually Create IMAP or POP3
Step 1: Control Panel > mail set up > Show Profiles.
Step 2: Click on General tab > Add.
Step 3: A New Profile box will open. Type a profile name > OK.
Step 4: In the Add new Account option, select Manually configure server settings > Next.
Step 5: Select Internet E-mail > Next > type email account details.
Step 6: Click on Test Account settings.
Step 7: Now Click on Existing Outlook data files > Browse.
Step 8: Browse and select the Outlook data file you previously located > then click on OK > Next.
Step 9: Finally click Finish.
That’s it for now. If you are still facing 0x8004010F: Outlook Data File Cannot be Accessed error then comment below. We will personally assist you.