Origin is a web platform created by Electronic Arts gaming company to provide digital distribution for playing and purchasing video games. Origin offers various facilities for gamers like connecting to friends, playing multiplayer games with them, chatting while gaming, streaming and integrating to social media sites, and much more.
After a recent update of the Origin, some users are having a question in their mind like Why can’t I go online in origin. This Origin login issue comes to limelight when you get an error message saying Online login is currently unavailable on your screen while using Origin. Due to this login issue of the Origin, a question like Why can’t I go online in origin may arise in the users’ minds. In this article, we are sharing some working solutions to fix Origin Online Login is Currently Unavailable Error in detail, so just follow on.
- Solutions for Origin Online Login is Currently Unavailable Error
- Solution 1: Check the Date and Time of your computer
- Solution 2: Try Restarting the Origin Software
- Solution 3: Try disabling the external USB devices
- Solution 4: Update the device drivers of your computer
- Solution 5: Try Resetting the Settings of Internet Explorer
- How do I play Origin games offline?
Note: You can choose any of this Origin Login issue solving methods to see which one works out for you so you may not need to follow all the Origin issue solutions.
Solution 1: Check the Date and Time of your computer
Sometimes the incorrect Time, Date, and Region information of your computer may generate en error like Can’t connect to server Please try again in a few minutes origin or Online login is currently unavailable, so you have to set your system’s Region, Time and Date accordingly.
1) Open the Start Menu on the windows by pressing the Windows Key.
2) Now type in the keyword “Control” and finde the Control Panel and then open it.
3) Now from the View By section in the Control Panel, select the Category option.
4) Choose the Clock and Region option, which can be found in the various categories of the Control Panel.
5) Opt for the Set the time and date option.
6) Choose the tab called the Internet Time and click on the Change settings option.
7) Allow your computer to change settings by clicking on the yes or ok button.
8) Make sure the checkbox called Synchronize with an Internet time server is selected before clicking on the Update now button from the Internet Time Settings window.
9) Click on the OK button as many times as required.
10) Restart or reboot the system to see if the Origin Login issue still persists or not.
Solution 2: Try Restarting the Origin Software
Restarting the Origin can be the most basic solution if you find out the error of origin login unavailable on Windows. But restarting the Origin software entirely can effectively solve other Origin error also if you are lucky enough.
1) From the notification area of the Windows OS, search for the Origin icon and right-click on it and then choose the option called Quit Origin.
2) Now reopen the Origin and try to sign in or log in to your Origin account to see if the error still persists or not.
Solution 3: Try disabling the external USB devices
In some cases of the Origin, the origin application might have an issue with your computer’s connected external USB (Universal Serial Bus) devices. Mostly the card reader of the Realtek USB 2.0 causes the Origin errors. You can try disabling this driver to see if it solves your ” Online login is currently unavailable” error.
1) Open the Device Manager on your computer by either using the Run Dialog Box or from the Start menu of the Windows Operating System.
2) To open the Device Manager from the Run Dialog Box, open the Run Dialog Box by pressing the “Windows Logo key” and the “R” key simultaneously from your keyboard.
3) In the Run Dialog Box opened by the above method, type in the code “devmgmt.msc” and then click on the OK button or just press the enter key.
4) From the list of various Universal Serial Bus Controllers, find the Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader and right-click on it.
5) Opt for the Disable device option available under Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader options.
6) Reboot your device and try login to the Origin to see if the login error is gone or not.
Solution 4: Update the device drivers of your computer
Sometimes incorrect or outdated device drivers cause conflict with the Origin software and people to get the errors like “Can’t connect to server Please try again in a few minutes origin.” So you should update your device and system drivers to see if the Origin login error is solved or not.
We are listing one automatic and one manual method for updating the device drivers of your pc.
1) Download and Install the device drivers for your Computers manually.
To update the drivers using your computer’s inbuilt Device Manager,
First, open the Device Manager via the Start menu or from the Run box.
Select the desired drivers to update and right-click on them to see the option like the Update Driver.
To automatically download the updates for your device drivers, open the Control Panel -> All Control Panel Items -> Devices and Printers.
Right-clicking on your device will open new options, select Device installation settings from them.
Now select the Yes option to automatically download and install the drivers that are available and suitable for your computer.
2) Download and Install the device drivers for your Computers automatically using third-party software.
You can also easily update your device drivers with just a few clicks by using some third-party driver updating utility software like Driver Easy or Driver Manager.
Solution 5: Try Resetting the Settings of Internet Explorer
Sometimes the incorrect settings of the Internet Explorer are the culprits for the Origin login error. So you should try resetting them to solve the Login error of the Origin.
1) Open Control Panel and its categories by following the steps 1 to 4 from the Solution 1.
2) Select the Network and Internet option and then choose the Internet Option.
3) From the Advanced tab of the Internet Properties window, click on the Reset button.
4) Click again on the Reset button to clear all the previous settings of the Internet Explorer.
5) Restart or reboot your pc to check if the login error of the Origin is solved or not.
How do I play Origin games offline?
You can also play the Origin games offline if you have login previously with your credentials. You just have to open the Origin Menu and select the option called Go Offline.
I hope you have successfully solved the error on your Windows system. If you are still facing the error then comment below or try to contact Origin Team.