If you are using a Windows operating system for a long time, then you may have heard about Command Prompt or CMD. Command Prompt is one of the most used command-line tool in the Windows system to execute commands. Command Prompt allows you to perform many useful administrative tasks with simple commands. Anyone can easily use cmd.
How to Open Command Prompt in Windows 10
Here we are sharing 4 different ways to access command prompt in Windows 10. You can use any method which suits you.
Note: All Windows versions have a command prompt tool. You’ll find steps below for Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7.
Method 1: Open Command Prompt from the Start Menu
1. Open the Start Menu. (Press the Windows button on the keyboard, or you can click on it using the curser)
2. Search for cmd or command prompt and then press enter.
Method 2: Open Command Prompt using Windows Search
1. Click on the Windows search button in the taskbar.
2. Search for command or cmd. Then click on Command Prompt from the results.
Method 3: Open Command Prompt Using Run
1. Open the RUN command box with Win + R.
2. Type cmd and press enter.
Method 4: Create a Command Prompt shortcut
If you use Command Prompt regularly, then we suggest creating a Command Prompt shortcut on your Desktop. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Search for cmd in Windows search or Start Menu.
2. On the right side, select “Open file location.”
3. This step will open a new window called “System Tools.”
4.. Select Command Prompt > Right Click on it > Choose “Send to“. And then select create a shortcut on Desktop.
More Windows 10 Tutorials:
- How to Open RUN Command Box in Windows 10
- How to Take a Screenshot on Windows 10
- How to Install Windows updates in Safe Mode
- How to Find IP Address on Windows 10
- How to Hide Taskbar in Windows 10
- How to Setup Dual Monitors in Windows 10
- How To Change Your Mouse Speed in Windows 10
- How to Play DVD on Windows 10