As the number of creative geeks increases for productive tasks, we truly realize the power of using SSD over HDD and would like to keep upgrade our disk from HDD to SSD. Moving your OS to a new SDD can improve the overall performance of the system.
Many users are questioning if can they move Windows 10 from HDD to SSD without dropping any data and reinstalling OS. You can easily migrate your old Windows 10 OS from HDD to SSD without reinstalling.
Problems with Hard Disk
The first and major problem with HDD is they consume a lot of time to loading anything compared to an SDD. And if you perform multitasking with windows or Mac, SSD is a much reliable source. You never face the lagging issue and latency in results, always get an efficient performance in heavy loading tasks whether it is gaming, Photos & video editing, Rendering, Coding, or Browsing multiple windows.
So using Hard disc drives (HDD) to be an obsolete thing nowadays. There are times in the past when an HDD can make some sense of using. But now people prefer to go with SSD. Although SSDs are more expensive than regular hard drives But once when you start using it you realize SSD values for money deal.
Why use SSD ( Its Benefits )
If you are more precious about your time and want a boost in your production speed then don’t think so much just Move Windows 10 to an SSD. Many lower-end laptops adopt SSD now they come with two storage capacity Primary HDD along with small-sized SSD. And as people giving responses, Soon HDD will completely escape from all the devices.
Newer generation Windows 10 OS comes with improved booting time already, compared to previous Windows versions, but moving it from own regular HDD to a new SDD will not only increase the booting time but the overall performance delivery ratio of the system will increase numerously. As per the analysis, SSDs are 15-20% faster than what an HDD can deliver.
Benefits of SSDs
- They use less moving parts compared to Hard Drive that’s why offering an instant-load result.
- Also lesser moving part protects you from the damage of vibrations, accidents, and other wear and tear unnecessary things.
- SSDs are light in weight small in size ( 5 m ) so make them easier to carry with laptops. Also, you can carry an external SSD in a pocket, It that small.
- And the best part of using SSD They don’t demand as much power to run the tasks. This power-efficient gives you a long-lasting better life which is a must thing on laptops.
Method to Move Windows 10 to SSD without Reinstalling
If you’re replacing your desktop or laptop’s drive with a new SSD storage, this entire process becomes a bit more difficult, If you doing it by itself without knowledge because is somehow lengthy. So what you do is first understand the instruction then apply any changes.
First, take a complete back up your both drive ( Targeted + Moving ), reduce your disk space by deleting waste files, copy your system partition to the SSD, and then format the Windows 10 system partition on your HDD.
Before start moving all the data from drives please confirm that Your new SSD has enough space to hold data from your initial hard drive. Because SDD starts with 128GB lower capacity So note one thing for moving windows you required at least 20GB of free space in SSD. Eventually, people loving it to use it, just because of its Fast Functionality with compatible devices.
Note – If you forgot your Windows 10 password then there is no need to worry because you can easily reset windows 10 password with this guide.
Migrate Windows 10 to SSD without Reinstalling OS
- Setup or Install New SSD to your PC
- Clean Useless Large Files or Data from Hard Drive
- Back-Up C Drive Data for future preference
- Download OS Migration Tool – EaseUS Partition Master convenient choice. (https://www.easeus.com/partition-manager/epm-pro.html)
Now the main procedure starts with EaseUS software.
- Just install EaseUS Partition Master from the above link, And choose “Migrate OS” from the topmost menu.
- Choose the SSD or HDD ( as your requirement ) as the targeted disk and hit the “Next” button. Then press “Migrate” to proceed more.
NOTE: Make assured that you’ve kept backed up important data because the target disk data will be deleted as the process complete.
- Just Preview at least once the layout of your target disk to confirm. Now You can also customize the whole layout of your target disk as you want by clicking the disk layout options.
- After that click “Proceed” to start moving your Windows OS to a new disk
- EaseUS Partition Master also supports clone a disk by targeted drives and by files. You might also utilize EaseUS many other features for clone and upgrade MBR or GPT disk.
The cloning of Windows 10 to an SSD process could take reasonable to a large amount of time depending on your window size.
Once the migration process is completed, set the new SSD as the boot drive. Because now Most PC and laptops all include two disk slots. Just follow the steps.
- Restart Your laptop and press the F2 or F8 key with the Delete button to enter in BIOS setting.
- Now Move to the Boot section and set the new SSD storage as the boot drive.
- Save all the changes and just restart the system.
TIPS: The whole operation of migrating or moving The Windows Operating system to Solid State Drive ( SSD ) or Hard Drive ( HDD ) But first before taking any action be aware of it, It will delete existing partitions and important data which was on your target disk. If you still want to collect certain data from drives, Just back up them to an external hard drive before starting the process migration.
FAQs about HDD to SDD Process
How do I move my C drive to a new SSD?
- We suggest you use any third-party tool that will allow you to do this task. There is much software available in online stores for free. I also mention one of the above which can effectively transfer any drive to your desire path without any hassle.
How do I transfer Windows 10 OS from HDD to SSD without reinstalling?
- You can use the EaseUS Partition Master tool that offers you a powerful feature to Transfering Windows 10 OS from HDD to SSD without reinstalling Windows.
How to install an SSD on a desk peacefully without reinstalling Windows 7/8/10. It is far easy if you follow the instruction carefully. EaseUS Partition Master also comes with a complete backup and restore solution that provides incremental and differential drive or specialized location backup store. It is a much powerful and flexible source of moving data rather than default Disk Management in Windows 10.