No matter what the reason is, we always need alternatives even for the best of options. You cannot be dependent on just one software or source. Also, if it is something big like Microsoft Office, so this post is dedicated to the same.
Here, we present you the 10 best Microsoft Word Alternatives that you can use in case you don’t have access to Microsoft Word, or you don’t want to use it for some reason, no matter what.
Microsoft Word is an excellent suite on the desktop. It won’t work for every business, but there are other options for companies looking to try on some new kicks. It has always been a fantastic word processor. It is a well-known word processor.
We have selectively and carefully created this list, keeping in mind that only the alternatives which serve the same purposes as Microsoft Word are added to this list. So, let us get started with today’s agenda.
List Of 10 Best Alternatives To Microsoft Word
There are lots of alternatives to Microsoft Word and Office for the last few years. Hence, it’s also one of the best choices as MS Word alternatives. There are programs like Microsoft Word, and many of them are offered for download free of charge. Some people believe that there’s no other program like Microsoft Word.
Bonus – Check our previous article on how to fix spell check not working in MS word.
If you don’t use all the features of Word and are searching for the ideal alternative, there are a few out there. If you don’t use each one of the features of Word and are interested in finding the ideal alternative, there are several out there.
1. WPS Office 2016 Free
WPS Office 2016 is a well-deserving candidate in this list, so it was out of the question to not add it. Have a look at some of its features, and we are sure that you will agree with us.
- WPS Office 2016 is entirely free to use.
- You can access, edit, and create files of many formats like xlsx, Doc, Docx, and much more.
- It has the option to use it in many languages apart from English like Spanish, Russian, German, and French too.
- It has the look and feels of Microsoft Word and has all the similar features too.
The best part about AbiWord is that you can add more functions and features with the help of additional plugins.
- Once again, AbiWord is free, and the only thing to notice is that it is available for Linux only.
- Word Perfect, Rich text format, or even OpenOffice and even more, you just name it, and it will be compatible with AbiWord.
- You get many additional features like autofill from databases.
Based on the Wordpad engine, Jarte is a free Microsoft Word alternative that serves its purpose very well.
- Most of the Microsoft Word features, including the free package of Jarte, are free.
- You can buy additional features and functions if you want them.
- In-built spell check and the ability to export into pdf are some of its essential features.
4. SoftMaker FreeOffice
SoftMaker FreeOffice is also a good piece of software designed to function exactly like Microsoft Word.
- If you want to create documents just like Microsoft Word, you can use its’s TextMaker application.
- Along with some basic templates, you also get some in-built functions like MS- Word.
- You can also add stuff like charts, tables, and much more in your documents.
5. Libre Office
This Microsoft Word alternative is excellent in so many terms that you need to use it to believe it. Go through its features first.
- The interface of the Libre Office is almost the same as it used to be in the older versions of Microsoft Office.
- Even if the other person is using any other document editing software, you won’t face any problem share your documents because Libre Office supports all the major file formats.
- It is easy to use, and if you have already used Microsoft Word’s older versions, then it will be a piece of cake for you.
6. Google Docs
You are amazed to find Google Docs in this list, aren’t you? Here are some features that will help you know why!
- The best feature of Google Docs is sharing with the other person with just their e-mail address, and then they will be able to make changes to the same document, so you won’t have to send and receive a document again and again for edits and then checking it.
- All the important functions are free to use.
- You also get cloud storage for your documents.
7. Neo Office
Neo Office is usually considered the Microsoft Office for Mac users. It works pretty fine and has all the necessary functions.
- Whether you have to create an excel spreadsheet or give a presentation, all you need is Neo Office.
- Neo Office is also compatible with all kinds of MS Word formats, so that is a plus sign.
- You can also import images from your camera and image scanners.
Peepel is a browser-based web application that works completely in a single tab of a web browser, and all the functions are maintained from themselves.
- It has a group save feature which is always found to be very helpful.
- It is web-based so you can use it on basically any system that you want, and it won’t be a problem.
EtherPad is a real-time document editor that has all the functions that you are looking for. Here are some of its amazing features.
- The best feature is that it is open-source software, which means it is highly customizable.
- You don’t have to go through any kind of irritating signup process.
- You can share the link or invite your friends or partners via e-mail to add them to the document and start working together.
Zoho is not just about professional e-mails. It is also a perfect alternative to Microsoft Word with some fantastic features.
- Zoho has many applications to offer along with a document editor; all you need to do is link your Zoho account and get going with it.
- You don’t have to worry about losing your data because Zoho automatically saves your document, so it is entirely safe.
- Zoho is entirely free to use.
If you are looking for just a text editor like a notepad with some advanced features then you can use Notepad ++ also.
So, this was our list that consisted of all the proper alternatives for Microsoft Word, and we have personally tried and tested all of these applications before adding them to our list. Most of them are entirely free, and you only have to pay if you need some additional features. Some of them also give you the portability option because they are browser-based so you can have access to them from any device that you might be having at any particular moment.
Feel free to share with us if you feel that we have missed out on any Microsoft word Alternative.