The new Windows 10 comes with a safe mode that allows users to troubleshoot problems with the latest Windows 10 OS. You can identify and fix any issue with your system with the help of Windows 10 safe mode. Safe mode is not for regular use. You can customize your system or apps in safe mode. If you are facing problems with Windows 10 update, then you should try it in safe mode.
In safe mode, you can run only selected system programs like Windows update and system restore. It’s not recommended to use safe mode unless you can’t start your PC normally. If it is working fine, then you can fix Windows update related issues using this guide.
Only use safe mode when you can’t boot your PC normally. If you install Windows updates in safe mode, you have to install them again in the normal boot because safe mode only installs limited components.
Should you install Windows Updates in Safe Mode?
Note that only limited resources and services are available in safe mode. That means it will be an initial update. You have to reinstall all updated files when your PC boots normally. Safe mode is only for fixing issues related to Windows updates.
How do I install Windows updates in Safe Mode?
To install Windows update in safe mode, you have to boot your Windows in safe mode. Follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key and then click on the power button.
2. Now keep pressing the shift key and then click on restart.
3. Here click on troubleshoot and then go to Advanced Settings > Start-up Settings > Restart.
4. You can see a list of options. Select Safe Mode with Networking, which is the 5th option > Enter.
5. Now open the start menu and then type Windows update here.
6. Open Windows Update and then click on change settings from the left sidebar.
7. Select Install Updates Automatically > Check for updates. You can see all pending updates here. Click on install and reboot when required.
Install all pending updates and then restart manually.
Fix Windows update errors using these articles:
- How to Fix Windows Update Error 80244019
- Fix Windows 10 Slow Issue
- Fix Windows 10 Start Menu Not Working
- Fix Windows 10 Taskbar Not Hiding issue
- Fix Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU Usage