So you have bought yourself a Microphone or got it as a present, but you aren’t sure they are working, or not in your windows system then this article will help you to test your Microphone in Windows 10.
Microphones are your good friends if you make a lot of conversations through video communications or you are an aspiring singer and practicing recording your voice on your computer.
This article not only helps you to test the microphone on Windows 10 but it also stats some simple ways to fix your Microphone issues with Windows 10 updates.
- 1 Microphone Test Online
- 2 Steps to Test Microphone in Windows 10
- 3 How to Fix microphone not working windows 10
Microphone Test Online
In the world obsessed over the Internet, many things can be tested online. The Microphone is not a stranger to this phenomenon. You can check your newly bought or old Microphone for its connectivity by testing it on the Internet with the help of some useful websites. It is very easy to check your mic with online tools or websites which are stated below.
Connect the Microphone to your pc or laptop and visit the online mic test website on your browser. Allow this mic testing website to access your microphone so that it can check whether you have correctly set up your microphone or not.
A good thing about the online mic test site is that it runs on the client-side which means your voice data is not stored on their servers. This makes onlinemictest a safe option to perform Microphone Test Online.
If your Microphone is set up and working the way it should be, you will see the line moving while you speak through your mic.
Another mic testing website called mic tests is also an excellent alternative site to perform Microphone Test Online. All the Microphone testing websites will require access to the microphone connected to your device.
These mic testing sites should end your quest on how to check your mic with the online tool.
This article contains some guides to set up and test a Microphone in Windows 10 with some secure methods which work flawlessly in most of the cases. To test your mic, you can search over many mic testing tools over the Internet and choose the one you prefer.
Before testing your microphone on the windows machine, make sure you have installed sufficient drivers for the microphone to get working with no issues.
How to install a new microphone on Windows
1. Open Sounds section on your windows either from the taskbar or from the windows settings.
Right-clicking on the speaker icon will stat an option Called Sounds which you have to open.
2. Select the Recording tab from the various tabs present on the Sounds window.
3. Select the microphone you need to set up and click on the button called Configure on the prompt window.
4. Select the option called Set up microphone.
5. Follow some on-screen steps on the Microphone Setup Wizard.
6. After your selected Microphone is set up, click on the Finish button.
Steps to Test Microphone in Windows 10
1. Open the Sound settings by selecting your computer’s speaker icon or through the control panel.
2. Select the Recording tab on the Sound window.
3. Speak something into your Microphone to check if it is performing its task correctly. If your microphone is just excellent and working correctly, a green bar can be seen rising while you talk to your microphone.
Test the Microphone on Your Windows with Voice Recorder
Voice Recorder is an app from the Microsoft Store, and mostly it comes pre-installed don your windows 10 computer. This Voice Recorder app’s user interface is quite intuitive so you can quickly check your microphone for its performance.
1. Open the Voice Recorder app by either searching it through your windows search dialogue box or from the Microsoft app store.
2. From the settings, you have to set up a microphone so click on the Microphone settings option. This Microphone Settings option can be found by selecting the three dots from the bottom right side of the window.
3. Make sure the checkbox to Allow apps to access your microphone is checked on.
4. Under the Choose which apps can access your microphone, Voice Recorder should be turned on to give it access to your connected microphone.
5. You have to close the Settings window panel and the Voice Recorder app for a moment.
6. Reopen the Voice Recorder app by following the method mentioned earlier. If the microphone you have connected and set up doesn’t have any defect, you should now have the privilege to record your voice through your microphone.
If after performing the tasks mentioned above to check the workability of your microphone, you may still face some problems with the sound or something else. So to solve these Microphone related queries follow the below steps.
Fix 1: Set your connected Microphone as the default audio input device
1. Open the Sounds settings, as shown in the above two cases.
2. Head over to the tab called Recording.
3. Right-click on your preferred connected microphone device and choose the option called Set as Default Device.
4. Select the OK button and click on it.
Fix 2: Update the Audio Drivers of your Computer
May be your computer’s audio drivers are outdated or not properly installed, which can lead to problems like Microphone not working or sound properly not coming out.
You can update your PC’s audio drivers either from the Device Manager feature or by using some third-party driver updating utility software. To update your computer’s audio input and output drivers through Device Manager, follow on.
1. Open Device Manager on your PC either by typing the keyword called devmgmt.msc in the Run Dialogue box or Search Menu.
2. Under Audio inputs and outputs category, you should see options for Microphone and Speakers.
3. You have to Right-click on the Microphone and click on the update driver option.
4. Wait for the system process which will find and install the suitable driver for your audio inputs and output devices.
How to Fix microphone not working windows 10
If your Microphone is not working in Windows 10 Laptop or PC, check your drivers. Mostly the main issue with this type of errors are outdated or corrupted drivers.
You can use Driver Easy to update and download required drivers automatically for Windows 10.
Also, Read Driver Talent Review.
People Also looking for:
How do I test my built-in microphone Windows 10?
You can test a built-in Microphone with the same process as an external Microphone. Go to Sound Settings > Recording > Default Microphone and Test.
How do I test my microphone on my laptop?
The process of testing a microphone on PC and Laptop is the same. Follow the above guide.
How to Troubleshoot Audio or Sound Recording
There is a troubleshooter app in Windows 10 that allows users to check issues with the system and fix them automatically if possible. It gives you some instructions to fix the issue.
We hope this article about how to test Microphone Windows 10 has solved all your raging queries regarding this topic. By rigorously following this article, you should now have the knowledge of microphone test online as well as on your Windows.