So many users around the world use origin to play games online. Recently many Origin users have reported the Origin error code 9:0 while playing the game.
Reasons for Origin Error Code 9
The main reason for this Origin error code 9:0 is missing the .NET framework or corrupted .NET framework installation. Microsoft always recommends users to update the .NET framework. You can easily download and install it from the Microsoft website.
Sometimes antivirus can cause this error with Origin. Many antivirus software keeps blocking the installation of system apps like .NET Framework, Windows 10 update, and Origin updates.
Another reason can be the outdated network driver. You may face this error if your drivers are not up to date.
Working Methods to Fix Origin Error Code 9:0 on Windows 10
Here in this article, we will share all working solutions to fix error code 9:0 with the Origin.
Solution 1: Install / Update .NET Framework
.NET framework is required for all Windows versions. Windows 10 comes with a .NET framework, but you will need to update it because it is required for all major games and softwares. If you are facing Origin error code 9:0, then chances are your .NET Framework is not updated.
Follow the instructions to download and install the latest .NET Framework.
1. Go to this link and download the latest version of the .NET framework.
2. Once downloaded, install it and then restart your PC.
3. Now once you installed the latest .NET Framework app, go to the Control Panel > Uninstall a Program.
Then click on the Turn Windows features on or off option in the left pane.
4. Here find the .NET Framework 4.x.x and make sure that it is enabled. If not, then enable it and click on OK. Then restart your PC.
If the .NET Framework is already enabled, disable it > then reboot PC > then again enable .NET Framework to fix this Origin error code 9 problem.
Solution 2: Disable Antivirus / Malwarebytes
As we already mentioned above, antivirus blocks app updates, and this can lead to such errors. So try to disable your antivirus app for some time and launch the game.
Solution 3: Clear Origin Data Cache
Clearing cache can fix the issue. Follow these steps:
1. Open Run command box with Win + R > type %Programdata% > enter.
2. Find the Origin folder here. In the folder, delete all the files and folders except the LocalContent.
3. In a like manner, open RUN > Type %Appdata% > click OK.
4. Delete the Origin folder in Appdata.
5. Now again, go to the AppData folder > open Local folder > Delete Origin folder here too.
Solution 4: Reinstall Install of Origin
If you are still facing the same Origin error code 9:0, then it’s time to reinstall the Origin client.
Before installing the new version, you have to completely remove the older version of Origin and its all files.
1. Open Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > Find Origin > Right-click on it and Uninstall it.
2. Follow the on-screen steps to finish the Uninstallation process. Then reboot your PC.
3. After reboot, go to the C:\ProgramData\Origin path and then delete the Origin folder.
4. Now download the Origin client and install it.
Solution 5: Update Drivers
You have to keep your all device drivers up to date to avoid such errors. If you are facing errors with Origin, then update your network drivers and graphic card drivers. You can easily download and install these drivers manually.
We have shared all the possible methods to solve this error with the Origin client on Windows 10. If you need more help, comment below or contact us.