If you are using the internet regularly, you should know about networking a little bit. Networking is all about how the internet works and how all networking devices are connected.
What is an IP Address?
The IP address is one of the important part of networking. It’s like your home address. Your computer’s IP address also called Internet Protocol Address is the address of your computer system on a network. It is the address of your system on the network. Using the IP address, you can find your system in the network because hundreds of other networking devices are connected. It is impossible to identify any computer without any unique identity.
Note that an IP address is a unique number in one network, so anyone can easily identify that networking device. Many other devices are connected to each other like routers, switches, Bridge, Gateway, Modem, and Repeater. They all have their unique IP address in one network so that you can communicate with them.
Now let’s get back to our main topic, why you should know about your Windows 10 IP Address.
Why IP Address is Important?
If you want to set up a printer or router for your home, it is very important to know your Windows 10 IP address. It can also help you to fix network related issues like slow internet or reset your internet cache. You can also set up your home network or configure your router yourself if you know your IP Address.
Here’s how you can find your IP address on Windows 10.
Steps to Find IP Address on Windows 10
There are many methods to find your Windows 10 computer IP Address. We are going to list down all methods. You can use any of them.
Method 1: Use Command Prompt (CMD) to find IP Address
1. Open Windows 10 command prompt. You can search in the start menu for CMD to access the command prompt or open RUN with Win+ R and then type CMD. It will open a command prompt window.
It will look like this:
2. Now type ipconfig/all command and press enter. This command will display all the information related to the IP address and LAN (Local Area Network).
Check IPV4 address. That is your computer’s IP address. You can also check other networking information like DHCP Address and Mac address.
Method 2: Use the control panel to Find the IP address
1. Open the control panel from the start menu. Open the start menu and then search for Control. You can find the control panel.
2. Open it and then go to Network and Internet settings.
Or open file explorer, and in the navigation bar, enter this path:
Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center.
3. Then click on change adapter settings from the left sidebar.
4. It will open all connected networks. You can check the ethernet connection here. That is your LAN network.
5. Right-click on it and then click on status.
6. Then you have to click on details. It will list down all the information related to your network, including your IP address.
Here also IPv4 is your computer’s IP address.
Method 3: Use Windows 10 settings
Windows 10 comes with new settings that allow users to change system settings.
You can access Windows 10 settings using Win + R key.
1. To find the IP address on Windows 10, go to Network & Internet in the Settings menu.
2. Now click on the properties of the ethernet connection.
You can access your Windows IP address here.
Microsoft has changed many things with the new Windows 10, but finding your IP address hasn’t changed much over time. You can easily find your IP address in Windows 10. If you want to add a VPN in Windows 10, then you can check this guide.
More Guides from our blog:
- How to Rollback Nvidia Drivers in Windows 10
- How to Test Microphone in Windows 10
- How To Pair Xbox One Controller with Xbox