Until the launch of Microsoft’s latest and most ambitious Operating System called Windows 10, Microsoft didn’t have an option for downloading the Windows Operating System ISO files from its official website. But after the launch of the Windows 10, Microsoft not only permits to download a legal copy of the Windows 10 ISO file but also provides a tool called Media Creation Tool for the Windows 10 users to upgrade to the latest version of the Windows 10. This tool provided by Microsoft also allows users to create bootable Flash or USB drives and even supports burning the DVDs for bootable Windows Set up files.
To successfully download Windows 10 ISO file, we have stated a variety of solutions or methods which you can follow without any hassle. These are official Windows 10 ISO download methods. There are many Windows 10 ISO Download Links available on the internet but downloading these Windows 10 ISO files from any server other than the official Microsoft server can hurt your pc and is not advisable.
- 1 Download Official Windows 10 ISO Guide
- 2 Windows 10 ISO Download FAQs
Download Official Windows 10 ISO Guide
This article instructs about “How to Download Official Windows 10 ISO file” in a number of ways. To successfully download the ISO file for Windows 10, you may have to follow one or more methods or try one or more attempts according to your computer system and web browser configuration.
The most advisable way to download Windows 10 ISO file is from the Microsoft official website and with the utilization of the “Media Creation Tool” provided by the Microsoft. This Official Windows 10 ISO Download method ensures that you get a legal and virus free copy of the Windows 10 ISO file.
Method 1: Download Windows 10 ISO Using Media Creation Tool
1) From Microsoft’s official website, open the Download section where Windows 10 is available to download. (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10)
2) Choose the “Download tool now” option which is available under “Create Windows 10 installation media”. This option will download the Media Creation Tool’s supported version to your pc. Size of the Media Creation Tool is not large so that it will get downloaded pretty quickly.
3) Now you have to open the downloaded Media Creation Tool. This process will open the installation wizard for the Windows 10.
4) After the successful loading of the installation wizard of Windows 10, you have to click on to or select the “Accept” button to accept the license terms of Microsoft.
5) To download the Windows 10 ISO file, you have to opt for the “Create installation media for another PC (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file)” option and then click the “Next” button.
6) Now according to your requirement of the Windows 10 ISO file, select the Edition, Architecture and the Language.
7) Now check the “ISO file” radio button while choosing which media to use option.
8) Select a location or folder on your PC where you want to download the ISO file of Windows 10.
Congratulations, a full legal version, and edition of the Windows 10 in ISO format have been downloaded on your computer. You can utilize this safely downloaded Windows 10 ISO file for creating bootable DVDs or bootable USB and Flash drives.
Note: If you choose the radio button called “USB flash drive” in the step-7, Media Creation Tool will directly download the ISO file of Windows 10 onto your selected Flash or USB drive which you can utilize for creating the bootable version of Windows 10.
Method 2: Download Windows 10 ISO without Media Creation Tool
Microsoft allows the direct downloading of the ISO file of Windows 10 only if you are on other operating systems than the Windows OS. By changing or modifying the user agent settings of the web browser, we can make Microsoft servers think that this is not a browser installed on the Windows OS and hence it will provide the Windows 10 ISO file download link. To change the user string of your web browser (Google Chrome in this case) for downloading the Windows 10 ISO file, follow on.
1) By pressing the “Ctrl + Shift + I” buttons simultaneously to open “Developer tools” on the Google Chome Web Browser.
Another way for opening the “Developer tools“: Open Three dots (Customize and control Google Chrome) -> More tools -> Developer tools.
2) Click on the three vertical small dots (Customize and control DevTools) -> More tools -> Network conditions.
3) From the right side of the “User-agent” option, uncheck or deselect the “Select automatically” option.
4 ) Now from various custom user-agents available, you have to select any one of the User-agent which is not based on the windows os.
5) This custom user agent profile makes the servers believe that this is not a windows based user.
6) Now while the Developer Tools window is open, you have to refresh the windows 10 download page of the Microsoft’s website to see the Drop-down list of various windows 10 ISO files of multiple versions.
7) Now you have to confirm the preferred and required ISO file edition of Windows 10.
8) Now on the next window of the Windows 10 ISO Download process, confirm your suitable Language.
9) Confirm the architecture (32 bit or 62 bit) for the Windows 10 ISO file.
10) Choose a preferred location or folder on your PC to download the Windows 10 ISO file.
From the Microsoft’s official website, if you can’t access or download a legal copy of the Windows 10 ISO file by either using the Media Creation Tool or without using the Media Creation Tool, you can opt for the below mentioned risky method to complete your task.
Method 3: Using Third-party websites
Windows 10 ISO files can also be downloaded from some third-party websites and servers other than the Microsoft official website. But this third-party downloads of the Windows 10 ISO file are not considered legitimate or safe, because the uploaders may have inserted some malicious code, malware or viruses bundled with the ISO setup file.
Windows 10 ISO Download FAQs
How do I download Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft website?
Read above methods to download Windows 10 from Microsoft website.
How do I download an ISO file?
Follow Method 1 to download Windows 10 ISO.
We hope this article about “Download Official Windows 10 ISO file” and given solutions will help you to find the Windows 10 ISO file on your computer. Feel Free to ask anything related to Windows 10.