Discord Update Failed or stuck on update loop?
You don’t need to worry because other Discord users are facing the same issue. In this article, you will learn how you can fix discord update failed issue on Windows.
- What is Discord?
- Reasons For Discord Stuck On Checking For Update
- How Do I Fix Discord Stuck on Checking for Updates Problem
- 1. Restart The Router
- 2. Restart The PC
- Solution 1: Run Discord update as an administrator
- Solution 2: End Running Discord Process
- Solution 3: Disable windows defender or 3rd party Antivirus
- Solution 4: Reinstall Discord App
What is Discord?
Discord is one of the most popular VOIP services used by gamers all around the world. Discord is an online chatting platform that comes with many new unique features. The discord team is working hard to keep it working fine, but many users face issues with Discord. One of the most annoying error with Discord is, it is not updating.
Unlike other chats, users can create custom messages that include images or links. They can also join private conversations and send private messages to other players. Discord also allows gamers to gather with other members from all over the world, all while enjoying their gaming.
Reasons For Discord Stuck On Checking For Update
There are many possible reasons behind the discord update failed issue.
1. Sometimes, due to discord server issues, you will face this error.
2. Check your Internet connection. Sometimes due to a slower Internet connection, you will face this issue.
How Do I Fix Discord Stuck on Checking for Updates Problem
There are many possible solutions to fix the Discord update is not working. Before trying other solutions, follow the below steps first:
1. Restart The Router
If your discord app is not updating or failed to update, restart the router. Sometimes due to misconfigurations, you will face the issue. Router reboot can solve the issue.
2. Restart The PC
- Shut down the discord app.
- Then restart your computer.
- After reboot, run the discord update again and see if the Discord update is working or not.
Solution 1: Run Discord update as an administrator
Step 1: Right-click on Discord update and then choose open with the administrator.
Step 2: Open Run command box and type “%localappdata%” to open “C:\Users\Rahul\AppData\Local” folder.
Step 3: Now find and open the Discord folder and then find update.exe.
Step 4: Right-click on update.exe and then choose open with the administrator.
It will open the Discord update service.
Solution 2: End Running Discord Process
Discord keeps running in the background. It will keep checking for new updates. But many times, due to this background service, you will face a Discord update failed issue.
To solve the issue, you have to end the discord background process from the task manager.
1 Right-click on the taskbar and then select task manager.
2. Find all discord processes and end them all.
3. Relaunch the discord app and check if the discord update is working or not.
Solution 3: Disable windows defender or 3rd party Antivirus
Sometimes Antivirus blocks update files due to security reasons. That is why you have to disable any antivirus app you are using on your Windows.
Once you disabled it, check for the discord update.
Solution 4: Reinstall Discord App
If you are still facing the issue then you have to reinstall the app.