Online and multiplayer games are booming in the current gaming scenario all over the world. In this developing gamespace for online and multiplayer gamers, discord is a well-known and appreciated platform for communication and voice chat while playing the games.
Discord’s demand and popularity have increased quite extensively in recent years due to its cross-platform compatibility. Due to the Discord’s large userbase, its online community has grown over various social platforms, and various problems related to Discord installation and application are discussed over these platforms.
Many users have complained that their discord installation has failed or they were unable to install discord.
Discord Installation Has Failed issue solved
If you have a question in mind like Does discord work on Windows 10? the answer is yes, Discord works on various platforms including the Windows 10 Operating System. But in some versions of the Windows 1o, Discord users are experiencing the issues like discord installation has failed check setup log as mentioned above.
This article states various solutions to fix Discord Installation Has Failed Issue in Windows versions. You can apply any of the Discord installation issue solving methods from the below list.
Solution 1: Uninstall Discord and reinstall it
1) Disable the running Discord process in Task Manager
Before deleting the discord files and folders, you have to make sure that no processes involving the Discord are running in the background or in the foreground of your computer.
1) Invoke the Run Dialog Box on your Windows computer by pressing the Windows Logo Key and the R key simultaneously.
2) Type in the keyword called “taskmgr” and click the OK button to open the Task Manager.
3) From the various running processes, as shown in the Processes tab, choose all the Discord related tasks or processes and click on the End Task options available on the bottom right of the Task Manager window.
Note: You may have to select the Discord tasks one by one to end them if there are multiple processes related to the Discord.
4) After successfully clearing and finishing all the Discord related processes, close the Task Manager.
Now follow on this article to delete all the Discord folders and files.
Also Read: How to Fix Discord Mic Not Working
Completely Reinstall Discord
While installing the Discord on the Windows 10, sometimes the temporary discord installation files and folders create a conflict in the installation process of the Discord. In this scenario, you should delete all the Discord temporary files and folders from its directory.
How do I completely delete discord and its folders?
To delete all the Discord files and folders from its installation and user directory, follow on.
1) Open the Run Dialog Box on your windows machine with the help of pressing the Windows Logo Key and the R key simultaneously.
2) Now in that Dialog Box of the Run feature of windows, type in the keyword “%AppData%” and click the OK button or just press Enter.
3 ) Now a window containing a folder with various application data files. From that app data folders, find the discord folder and delete it by either right-clicking on the discord folder or pressing the Shift and Delete keys simultaneously to remove the discord app data permanently.
4) Now again open the Run Dialog Box on your windows machine with the help of pressing the Windows Logo Key and the R key simultaneously.
5) Now in the Dialog Box of the Run function of windows, type in the keyword “%LocalAppData%” and click the OK button or just press the Enter key.
6) The file explorer has opened a directory containing the local application data folders of various programs. Now you have to find the Discord folder and delete it permanently.
7) Reboot or Restart your Windows 10 based computer and install the Discord program with the new and clean installation files.
Sometimes the outdated version of the Discord creates some issues like connectivity and communication problems. So you should update the Discord to the latest official version available from the Discord’s official website.
How do I update discord on my computer?
To update the Discord to the latest and stable version, the safest and reliable way is to use the “Check for updates” section of the Discord. You can also check the Discord’s official website to see if the latest version of the Discord is available or not.
Another Discord updating method is a quite risky way to update the program because you have to browse through some third-party websites for the Discord setup files, which may be harmful because they are not downloaded from the official and secure source.
Solution 2: Update your computer system’s device drivers
Sometimes incorrect or outdated device drivers cause conflict with the Discord software, and people to get the errors like “discord update failed” So, you should update your device and system drivers to see if the discord installation error is solved or not.
We are stating one automatic and one manual method for updating the device drivers of your pc.
1) Download and Install the device drivers for your system manually.
To update the drivers using your computer’s inbuilt Device Manager feature,
- First, you have to open the Device Manager from the Start menu or from the Run Dialog Box menu provided by the Windows OS.
- Now you have to choose the desired drivers to update and right-click on them to access the option like the Update Driver.
- To automatically download the updates for your system’s device drivers, open the Control Panel -> All Control Panel Items -> Devices and Printers.
- Right-clicking on your system device shown in the windows will open a variety of options, select Device installation settings from them.
- Now click on the Yes option to automatically download and install the manufacturers’ or the vendors’ custom icons and applications that are available and suitable for your computer.
2) Download and Install the device drivers for your Computers automatically using third-party software.
You can also effortlessly update your system’s device drivers with just a few clicks by using some third-party driver updating utility software like Driver updater or Driver Manager.
We hope this article about how to fix Discord Installation Has Failed Issue will help you. If you are still facing the same error again and again with your Windows 10 then try to system restore option. Also, you can contact Discord for this matter. Support use to grow more!