USB devices are the most useful gadget nowadays to transfer information. But sometimes you will see this error while using a USB drive with Windows 10/8 or 7 computers. The error is Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). It is very frustrating when the error occurred and USB is not recognizing in computer and laptop. Don’t worry, like every other Windows issues, this Device Descriptor Request Failed error can be fixed easily. Here are some simple solutions for this error.
The USB device_descriptor_failure is one of the issues we face normally with our day to day work. There are multiple possible solutions for this error. USB which is also known as
Universal Serial Bus is a device that we used to transfer data from one device to another device. They are convenient to use and very secure but if you are facing this Device descriptor request failed error you cannot use the USB. There is no any issue with your USB drive because we tried with another USB and also USB controller gaming device but we face the same error.
Symptoms of Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)
When you insert a USB drive, it shows an error. This error can arise because of many reasons.
- Sometimes due to virus or malware, this could happen.
- A damaged USB drive can also arise this problem.
- Faulty Windows Update
- damaged or outdated Windows Drivers
Somany users have reported this error after installing the new Windows 10 update. According to those users, after installing the new Windows 10 update, their USB is not recognized by Windows PC or Laptop.
In regards to transferring information from 1 device to the other, USB (Universal Serial Bus) devices could be the very first option for everyone. You will face the same issue with USB, memory card, and pen drive. Windows is the most loved operating system. The Device descriptor request failed issue is very common and hard to solve.
How to Fix Device Descriptor Request Failed
USB devices are extremely comfortable and useful, as you only need to plug them in a USB port and done. You can also connect that device to some other PC to know whether the unit is damaged or not. Unknown USB Device issue may happen after installing random software without doing a suitable installation setup, can cause USB drivers to corrupt and don’t recognize the gadget. We will share 5 ways to fix device descriptor request failed error.
Method 1: Change USB Settings
Change USB selective suspend settings on your system using the following settings.
1. Search for Power Options in the control panel.
2. Click on edit power plan.
3. Click on Change advanced power settings > click on USB settings > USB selective suspend setting > select Disabled from the drop-down menu.
4. Set Disable for “Plugged in” option. Click on Apply > OK.
Method 2: Disable Fast Start-up on Windows
Sometimes disabling fast startup will fix the issue. Follow these steps.
1. Using Win + R open Run box and then type control. You can also open it using the search bar and then type Control panel > Enter.
2. Find Power options > then click Choose what the power buttons do option.
3. Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable.
4. Un-check Turn on fast startup (recommended) > Save changes.
Reboot PC and see if the issue is fixed or not.
Method 3. Uninstall Unknown USB Drivers
Removing unknown USB drivers will fix the device descriptor request failed issue.
1. Open Run with Win + R and then type devmgmt.msc to open Device Manager.
2. Find Universal Serial Bus Controllers and click on it to expand it.
3. Find the USB device with a yellow-sign > Right Click and then click on uninstall.
If you are still facing the error then comment below or contact us.