After the recent update on windows 10, most people are wondering why they are unable to boot to safe mode in windows 10 by pressing the f8 key or “Shift + f8” from the keyboard. It is because the “Advanced boot option” menu by pressing the “F8” key is removed by default by the windows developers. By removing the “Advanced boot option” by f8 key other unnecessary functions while rebooting, microsoft developers have made windows 10 boot time relatively faster than ever before.
How To Boot To Safe Mode In Windows 10
Booting the Windows into the Safe Mode ensures that the windows will not crash by some of the unwanted boot files and settings. Any windows 10 users who don’t have any knowledge about how to boot to safe mode or enter safe mode in Windows 10 can follow the below guide to open safe mode in windows 10 successfully.
In order to boot to safe mode in Windows 10 Operating System, you can follow or apply any one or more methods from the below list of techniques.
Method 1: Use Advanced Options
To successfully enter safe mode in Windows 10, this Start menu method can be useful to the Windows 10 PC or Laptop users.
1) While pressing the “Shift” key and holding it down from your keyboard, click on the “Start” menu on your Windows 10 screen.
2) While still holding the “Shift” (Left Shift or Right Shift), Click on the “Power” button and then select the “Restart” option
3) After “Shift” and restarting Windows 10 from the “Start” menu option, you have to click on the “Troubleshoot” function from the various available option on your screen.
4) Now from the “Advanced options” and “Reset this PC” options, you have to choose the “Advanced options“.
5) Now from the various Advance options available on your windows 1o boot screen, select “See more recovery options” if you do not see the option called “Startup Settings” directly.
6) Now from the Windows 10 Advanced Startup options, select “Startup Settings“.
7) Now you have to restart the “Startup Settings” to see the options like “Safe Mode” and other basic startup modes available on the Windows 10 Startup.
8) After restarting the “Startup Settings“, you can see various startup or boot options including a number of Safe Mode options which you can enable by using your keyboard’s function keys or number keys.
- For choosing the option “Enable Safe Mode“, you have to press the “F4” key or the “4” number key.
- For choosing the option “Enable Safe Mode with Networking“, you have to press the “F5” key or the “5” number key.
- For choosing the option “Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt“, you have to press the “F6” key or the “6” number key.
After following the above steps to open safe mode in Windows 10, you can safely perform some secure operations on your windows 10 pc or laptop.
Method 2: Use Automatic Repair
By using the windows 10 features like “Automatical Repair” or “Startup Repair”, you can transit into the safe mode in windows 10.
1) You have to halt the windows 10 loading process three or more times to get into the windows “Automatic Repair” mode. To enter into the “Startup Repair” or “Automatic Repair” mode in Windows 10, you have to keep pressing down the windows “power” key while windows 10 is loading until it shutdowns.
2) Repeat this process of halting the Windows 10 loading or booting for three or more than three times to open the repairing mode.
3) First step the windows 10 do after entering to “Automatic Repair” or “Startup Repair” mode is to diagnose your PC.
4) Now you have to choose the “Advanced Options” button to enter into the Recovery Environment of the Windows or the Windows RE screen.
5) Now, after choosing the “Troubleshoot” option, you have to repeat the step numbers 4,5,6,7,8 of the Method-1 to successfully boot to safe mode.
Method 3: Use “msconfig.exe” or the “System Configuration Tool.”
System Configuration Tool is an inbuilt tool provided by the Windows operating system which allows you to modify some of the startup or boot settings of your operating system. By using the program “msconfig.exe” or “System Configuration Tool”, you can effortlessly open safe mode in windows 10.
1) Open the Run Dialog Box on your Windows machine.
2) Now enter the code “msconfig” or “msconfig.exe” in the empty text area of the Run Dialog Box and press enter to open the “system configuration tool“.
3) On the window of the System Configuration, select the tab called “Boot” and check in the “Safe Boot” box and then select the OK button.
4) Now you can save your open files or programs and then restart or reboot your computer or laptop to boot to safe mode.
For booting the windows normally again without the “Safe boot” option, you have to uncheck the Safe boot mode option in the system configuration window.
Method 4: Open Safe Mode in Windows 10
If somehow you can successfully boot to or get access to the “Log In” or “Sign In” screen on your windows 10 pc, you can boot to safe mode through that screen also.
1) From the left or right “Shift” keys from your keyboard, press and keep holding down any “Shift” key. Now while still holding the key called “Shift”, you have to click on the Power Button symbol available on the bottom right. Now from the “Sleep”, “Restart” and “Shut Down” options, select the “Restart” option.
2) Now, after choosing the “Troubleshoot” option, you have to repeat the same procedure as shown in step numbers 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 of the Method-1 to successfully boot to safe mode.
More Windows 10 Guides:
- How to Take a Screenshot on Windows 10
- How to Install Windows updates in Safe Mode
- How to Find IP Address on Windows 10
- How to Add VPN in Windows 10
- How to Hide Taskbar in Windows 10
- How to Setup Dual Monitors in Windows 10
- How to Stop Pop-ups on Windows 10
- How To Change Your Mouse Speed in Windows 10
- How to Reset Windows 10 Password Without Reset Disk
- How to Play DVD on Windows 10
- How to Delete Temporary Files in Windows 10