There are many great new features available in Windows 10, and one of the most useful is the ability to boost volume on Windows 10. The built-in feature to automatically increase sound volume is very useful for anyone who wants to have the volume level automatically increase without taking their hands off the controls.
How to Boost Volume on Windows 10
Here are some of the tricks to get the volume level up to what you want it to be on your computer.
Method 1: Increase the Volume from Within the App
Windows 10 needs a media player to open and play media files including video, and audio. Windows 10 comes with a built-in media player called Windows media player, using which you can play video files. Now each video player has its sound setting, allow users to customize volume according to their needs.
One of the most popular media players is the VLC player, a fully customized and open source media player for Windows 10. You can increase your volume by up to 200% using VLC.
1. Download the VLC player from the official website and then install it.
2. Open your video or audio file using a VLC player.
3. Once the file starts playing, you can use your mouse scroll wheel button to increase and decrease volume.
You can feel an improvement in the volume levels. This will increase the maximum volume for VLC player.
This setting will only apply to VLC player.
Method 2. Enable Audio Enhancements
You can quickly increase the maximum volume using an audio enhancement setting.
Note that this will increase volume in all your Windows apps. Follow these steps:
1. Open Settings using Win + I and then go to System.
2. Now click on Sound from the left pane. Select your current enabled speaker and then click on the Device properties.
3. Now scroll down and click on Additional device properties.
4. This will open advanced sound settings for your default speaker. Here find the option called audio enhancements and enable it.
5.. Click on Apply and then Ok to save changes.
Now your Windows 10 volume levels are boosted than before.
Method 3: Update Drivers to Increase Volume on Windows 10
Somes due to outdated or corrupted drivers, users are facing sound issues on Windows 10. The only possible solution is to update sound or audio drivers. It is recommended to use updated drivers and softwares.
It is very easy to update drivers in Windows 10. You can update drivers using 3rd party driver tools or using manual method.
Manually Update Drivers in Windows 10
Step 1. Search for Device Manager in start menu and then open it.
Step 2. Here you can see all the devices connected to your system. Find Audio inputs and outputs from the list.
Step 3. Right click on your speaker and then choose update driver.
Step 4. If you have driver file on your computer, then choose browser my computer. If not then click on Search automatically for the updated driver.
Step 5. Follow the on-screen steps to finish the process. Once done, restart your PC.
Update Drivers Automatically
Many driver update softwares are available for Windows, allow users to download and update all required drivers automatically on Windows 10. Driver Easy is one of the most popular and trusted driver update tool for Windows 10. You can also use Driver Talent if you want advanced features.
More Windows 10 Guides:
- How to Find IP Address on Windows 10
- How to Hide Taskbar in Windows 10
- How to Setup Dual Monitors in Windows 10
- How to Stop Pop-ups on Windows 10
- How To Change Your Mouse Speed in Windows 10
- How to Add Clock on Windows 10 Desktop
- How to Play DVD on Windows 10
- How To Boot To Safe Mode In Windows 10