Adobe is a well-known provider of packages for video and photo editing tools. Various intuitive and easy to use features of adobe software make them quite popular among video/audio editing market. With an update, Adobe recently brought a feature called Adobe Genuine Software Integrity to make their software use genuine and risk-free.
In recent times, various Windows users are complaining about the error called Adobe software you are using is not genuine even after purchasing a legitimate premium version of the Adobe products. This Adobe error becomes annoying when it pops up every time the user opens an adobe product.
- Probable reasons Adobe Software Issue
- Solutions for Adobe software you are using is not genuine
- Method 1: Check if your Adobe software version is genuine or not
- Method 2: Try deleting all the instances of Adobe
- Method 2: Delete Adobe Genuine Integrity Service
- Method 3: Removing the Adobe Updater Startup Utility
- Method 4: Reinstall Adobe Software
Probable reasons Adobe Software Issue
Some interruptions while installing the Adobe products, broken or corrupted service files, defected Adobe updater file, etc. can be the reason for this warning of Adobe software you are using is not genuine.
Maybe some of your Windows files like service packs, support frameworks need to be updated for the Adobe products to work effortlessly.
Solutions for Adobe software you are using is not genuine
To solve the Adobe genuine integrity-related issues follow one or more methods described below. These methods mainly guide to remove all the services, instances, adobe startup files, and other temporary files related to Adobe products, which might be causing the warning to pop up.
Method 1: Check if your Adobe software version is genuine or not
If you have an officially licensed version of any Adobe products, then it is genuine. But if you are downloading the Adobe products from any third-party websites, there is a high possibility that you will get a pirated or modified version of the Adobe products. Therefore, we suggest you install any Adobe products from their official website only and not fall for any cheap pirated versions of any kind.
Method 2: Try deleting all the instances of Adobe
1. Open the Task Manager of the Windows OS by pressing the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys simultaneously. You can also invoke the Windows Task Manager from right-clicking and opening the Task Manager from the Windows taskbar.
2. From the Processes tabs inside the Task Manager window, find the Adobe Genuine Integrity service.
3. Right-click on the Adobe Genuine Integrity service and select the Open File Location option. It will open a folder called AdobeGCIClient.
4. Now head back to the Task Manager window and click on the Adobe Genuine Integrity process and then click the End Task button.
5. Now delete the AdobeGCIClient folder, which was opened in the third step.
6. Reboot your system to apply this Adobe related settings and see if the problem persists or not.
If the Adobe related error persists, then instead of deleting the AdobeGCIClient folder, rename it with something sensible and similar.
Recommended: Fix Your Connection Is Not Private Error
Method 2: Delete Adobe Genuine Integrity Service
1. Open the Command Prompt as an administrator with the help of the Start menu or the Run Dialog box. For administrative privileges, you have to right-click on the Command Prompt and select the Run as administrator option.
2. Now in the opened Command Prompt window, type in the keywords sc delete AGSService and then press the enter key.
3. To remove the folder containing the Adobe Genuine Integrity Service, visit the directory ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AdobeGCClient‘ and delete this service folder.
4. Reboot your PC to apply these changes to the Adobe product and see if the error is disappeared or not.
Method 3: Removing the Adobe Updater Startup Utility
1. Visit the directory ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\ PDApp\UWA‘ and delete that folder.
2. Now for this service removal, open the Command Prompt as an administrator, as shown in the Method-2.
3. Now in the invoked Command Prompt window type in the keywords sc delete AAMUpdater and then press the enter key.
4. To perform this task of removing the service, type in the Task Scheduler in the Windows search box or Start menu, and press enter.
5. Now search for the task called AdobeAAMUpdater in the opened Task Scheduler window and delete it from the system.
6. Restart your computer for any change in service files to take effects.
Method 4: Reinstall Adobe Software
1. Open Control panel – Open start menu and then search for control panel.
2. Now go to the uninstall the program.
3. Now find adobe program and then right-click > uninstall.
4. Now download adobe software again and then install it again.
You might have to try one or more Adobe service-related methods depending on your system to solve your issue. We hope these guides and solutions about how to “fix Adobe software you are using is not genuine” have helped you solve all your errors regarding Adobe software legitimacy and integrity.